The deadline has now passed for entering TGOC22 and all places have been filled. However, every year some people pull out after the entry process so if you would like to go on our reserve list please follow the steps below.
3 Steps to Enter TGOC22
Step 1: Check your skills
Before entering the TGO Challenge you should have the following skills:
- Ability to navigate across pathless rugged terrain using map and compass (not solely reliant on GPS)
- Ability to carry personal and camping equipment and a minimum of 3 days provisions
- Previous experience of backpacking including “no trace” camping in a wild environment with no facilities
- Capacity to be self-sufficient in remote areas where help may not be easily accessible including suitable first aid skills.
- Ability to cope with Scotland’s climate which can commonly include high winds, torrential rain, rivers in spate, snow and occasionally hot sunshine!
All team members, not just the team leader, must have these skills. If you are uncertain about your skills please contact the coordinators, Sue & Ali, for advice on 01540 673360/673583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Read the Entry Notes
Even if you have completed multiple crossings you must read 2022 Entry Notes – Terms and Conditions before you apply as some things have changed. In particular please take not of the withdrawal and cancellation clauses. We try to keep rules to a minimum but you must agree to abide by those we have. You will be asked to confirm you have read and accepted them at the end of Entry Form. The 2022 Event Details giving details of how to plan and present your route are also now available.
Step 3: Complete the Entry Form
If this is your first Challenge you will be asked for details of your walking experience which the coordinators will assess. This will happen even if you completed a 2020/21 Entry form so that the Coordinators do not spend hours amalgamating the information! Occasionally we have to ask new applicants to gain more experience before participating. If you are part of a group you will be asked for the names of your companions and your group leader. Each team member must complete their own form.
Places will be confirmed and starting dates allocated by 7th November 2022 after which payment will be requested. TGOC22 fees will be:
- £80 – new applicants and those who participated in TGOC21
- £40 – those who deferred their paid 2020/21 place after 31st December 2020
- No charge – those who deferred their paid 2020/21 place on or before 31st December 2020