All TGOC23 places have now been allocated. Entries for TGOC24 will open in mid-September 2023 and the form will appear on this page.
Step 1: Check your skills
Before entering the TGO Challenge you should have the following skills:
- Ability to navigate across pathless rugged terrain using digital or analogue map and compass – not be solely reliant on GPS.
- Ability to carry personal and camping equipment and a minimum of 3 days provisions.
- Previous experience of backpacking including “no trace” camping in a wild environment with no facilities.
- Capacity to be self-sufficient in remote areas where help may not be easily accessible including suitable first aid skills.
- Ability to cope with Scotland’s climate which can commonly include high winds, torrential rain, rivers in spate, snow and occasionally hot sunshine!
All team members, not just the team leader, must have these skills. If you are uncertain about your skills please contact the coordinators, Sue & Ali, for advice on 07786 628105 / 07769 952085 or email email@example.com.
Step 2: Read the Terms and Conditions
Even if you have completed multiple crossings, please read the latest Terms and Conditions before you apply as some things will have changed. In particular please take note of the withdrawal and cancellation clauses. We try to keep rules to a minimum, but you must agree to abide by those we have. You will be asked to confirm you have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions at the end of Entry Form. The Event Details giving advice how to plan and present your route.
Step 3: Complete the Entry Form
If this will be your first Challenge, you will be asked for details of your walking experience which the coordinators will assess. If you have entered before, but not yet completed a crossing, you still need to provide this information in full again. Very occasionally we have to ask new applicants to gain more experience before participating. If you are part of a group, you will be asked for the names of your companions and your group leader so the Coordinators can put you into a team. Each team member must complete their own form.
TGOC24 places will be confirmed and starting dates allocated by early November 2023 after which payment will be requested. Details of TGOC24 entry fees will be announced in late August 2023. TGOC23 fees were: £95 per person.
When the entry form is available it can be accessed by clicking the button below.